Here at TB Electrics we are committed to ensuring that our ways of working are evaluated constantly to reduce our environmental impact.
It is an integral part of our business plan to lessen our environmental impact.
Louise Bennett is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
There are 48 Solar PV panels feeding our home based office which saves us on average 6800kg of CO2 per year.
By installing this for our customers we can see their savings of around 1600kg per year for each 4kw system.
All our waste is sent to a Material Recycling Facility where it is sorted and identified for potential reuse and recycling, ensuring maximum diversion from landfill for resources such as wood, metal, cardboard, plastic, green waste, plasterboard - helping our customers to reduce their carbon footprint as well.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions
- Increase employee awareness and training
We aim to:
- Minimise the use of paper in the office
- Reduce packaging as much as possible
- Seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products
- Reuse and recycle all paper where possible
Energy and Water
We seek to:
- Reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible
- Switch off lights and electrical equipment when not in use
- Adjust heating with energy consumption in mind
- Take into account the energy consumption and efficiency of new products when purchasing
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles
- We will favour "green" vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.